At first glance, Matthew 7 may seem like a lot of separate disconnected teachings. BUT….
Matthew 7: 24-27 may be a summary message of what comes before it. Matthew 7 gives us some ideas of how to build on the solid rock. I encourage you to read the whole chapter. I will give some quick thoughts to get you started……
- Do not judge (condemn) That is God’s job. Examine and judge your own heart, thoughts, and actions according to truth. Once you can see, then you can help others to see also. But, do not waste your time trying to help people see who will just trample the truth anyway.
- Keep asking for Truth. Keep seeking Truth. Keep coming to visit Truth. He will come. He will bring truth. He only brings what is true and good and wise to His children.
- Stay on His narrow way even if it is hard. The world’s way is wide and enticing, but it leads to destruction.
- Be careful of deception and deceivers. They look good and sound good, but are not good. They even call themselves followers of Jesus. If you look closely, you will see that they are selfish and greedy and do not bear the character and fruit of the Holy Spirit (love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness/humbleness, faithfulness, control of self/ego ……pride and greed and following fleshly desires). These people appear religious, but are not of the faithful bride of Christ; and will not enter into His kingdom. Their demonstrative works have been done by the spirit of lawlessness and unfaithfulness to the Father.
- NOW comes Matthew 7 and building on the Rock….it begins with THEREFORE…showing we should notice what is said before it and continues with telling us what to do! Because of all the wrong ways and deceptions listed above….therefore, build your whole life on the Rock foundation of Jesus Christ and His Word!