Ephesians 1: 15-23, “after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, I do not cease to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers: that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; so that you may know what is the HOPE of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavens, far above all principality and power and [might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come. And He put all under His feet, and gave Him head over all to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.”
And what is being hoped for in these verses and what gives us hope?
- wisdom and revelation in knowing Father, Yeshua Son, and Holy Spirit
- that we see in truth and our understanding be enlightened
- that we would know the hope of His calling
- that we would know the riches of glory of His inheritance in the saints, His people made righteous in Him
- that we would know His exceeding great power that He exerts for us on our behalf through Yeshua Jesus by His resurrection, His enthronement on the right hand of the Father God, and His coming as King of Kings over all
- that Yeshua Jesus will eternally be our good head and king in His righteous kingdom.
Who could imagine such high hopes? Who could imagine such love and forgiveness? Who could imagine being redeemed from evil and living in righteousness eternally? Who could imagine knowing the Holy Father and actually being in a loving relationship with Him? Who could imagine the glory and splendor of such riches? Who could imagine such a perfect love?
Yet, here we have a prayer to encourage our hope based in faith and trust and reliance on the one true God and Father of all! The One who stayed true to His promise and became a Savior for us! The One who bought us back to Himself. It is a sure hope and a solid faith foundation. It is not just a wish or a positive thought. Yeshua is our only true and blessed hope and we can have confidence in Him! This hope will never disappoint! He is our hope now and forever!!!
Don’t you just feel like jumping up and down and shouting the praises and thanksgiving to our Lord and Savior Yeshua and our Father who so loves us and the Holy Spirit who is continually with us to help us in this hope and revelation? What joy unspeakable and full of glory! Hallelujah!!!