“Therefore, remember that formerly you who are Gentiles by birth and called “uncircumcised” by those who call themselves “the circumcision” (which is done in the body by human hands)- remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without HOPE and without God in the world. But, now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near by the blood of Christ. For He himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one…” Ephesians 2: 11-14.
If you are NOT in Yeshua Jesus, then there is NO WAY you can have any real hope! If you are in Yeshua Jesus, you have ALL TRUE HOPE!
People are so confused. Some think hope is based on positive thinking. Others think hope is based on feelings. Still others put hope in what they or someone else or organization can do. None of that is hope worth putting your faith into because it all fails and leads to disappointment, depression, and anxiety. There is ONLY ONE sure hope and that is putting your hope in the One True God of Father, Son Yeshua Jesus, and His Holy Spirit.
How do we know what we can hope in and for? We can hope based on:
- Who He is (His character and being especially as being our Father and Savior and Helper)
- What He said and says (He always keeps His Word and His Word never fails, plus He is never untrue and always right and good)
- What He has done in the past that demonstrates His character and Word (His working with Israel in the Old Testament, His work through Yeshua Jesus in the Gospels, His work through the apostles and disciples in the New Testament )
- What He is doing now , His work as evidenced today in lives of people and in the earth around us
- What He has promised and prophesied He will do in the future, as concerns Yeshua Jesus coming again to set up His kingdom on earth and into eternity (He is the I AM…who was, is, and is to come).
This is where we can establish our hearts in hope and we can be assured by faith in Him and His promises. We can have a Rock solid foundation in faith and hope……and we will find it produces peace and joy!