I have a powerful and very important message that I learned today! It is long….but may be a lifesaver for us some day…so well worth a little extra time to read and think about. It is called SHUT THE DOOR!
For those of you who have been following along with my studies in God’s Word as He leads me by His Holy Spirit, you will know that He has already taught us concerning building our house based on the Rock in Matthew 5-7 with many, many other coordinating scriptures. During that study, He also taught us about staying close to the Good Shepherd even in the shadow of death. He also demonstrated this as getting INTO the cleft of the Rock. The ROCK solid foundation is ALWAYS Yeshua Jesus, our Good Shepherd. We need to build everything on Him and stay in and with Him! That is being a born again follower and disciple of Yeshua Jesus. Born out of this fallen world and into His glorious kingdom. He is now our house, our life! (You can scroll down if you ever want to do that study.)
Since that time, whenever I get into any frustration, chaos, or grief concerning the sin and evil in the world and around us…that tries to entangle me or bring me into anxiety or fear….I often hear Him say “Get back into the cleft of the Rock.” Right away, I know it means to get my mind focused on Yeshua Jesus and His Word and getting control over any wrong emotions by praying in the Holy Spirit for His fruit of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and control of self to flow through me. I need to choose to move back into His righteousness, His power, His faithfulness, His love, etc.….and not depend on my own abilities or others around me or what I see or hear or feel.
Today, this message was emphasized!!! It is a spiritual pattern!
When the flood disaster was about to come on the world, what did Noah do? He entered the ark per God’s instructions so that God could close the door.
When Sodom and Gomorrah were about to be destroyed, where did Lot go? He was told to go into the caves in the rock and never look back.
When the last plague of death to the oldest child was passing through Egypt, what were the Israelites told to do? They put the Lamb’s sacrificial blood on the doorposts, went inside, closed the door, and did not look outside at what was happening….just focusing on God.
What did God tell the prophet Isaiah to do when judgment was coming?
“Come, my people, enter your chambers, And shut your doors behind you; Hide yourself, as it were, for a little moment, until the indignation is past.” Isaiah 26:20
What was Elisha’s instruction to the woman who poured the overflow of oil in as many vessels as she had? The oil kept coming as long as she followed instructions and until she had no more room to contain it……
“Then he said, “Go, borrow vessels from everywhere, from all your neighbors—empty vessels; do not gather just a few. And when you have come in, you shall shut the door behind you and your sons; then pour it into all those vessels, and set aside the full ones.” 2 Kings 4: 3-4
In Matthew, Yeshua Jesus also talks about shutting the door:
“But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly.” Matthew 6:6
“And while they went to buy (oil), the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut.” Matthew 25:10
And consider where Yeshua Jesus first appeared to His disciples:
“Then, the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in the midst, and said to them, “Peace with you.” John 20:19
“And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, “Peace to you!” John 20:26
Right now, these verses say a few things to me:
- Father, Yeshua Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are in the secret place. They want an intimate relationship. This is where I see Him and He reveals Himself to me. This is where I come to know Him! We are the temple of Christ. He lives in us. We are supposed to shut the door on the fallen world and set ourselves apart to Him. Live in the house on the Rock. Stay in the cleft of the Rock.
- I have to get inside Him and close the door to the outside world, especially during times the world is being judged! If I am NOT inside with Him and with shut doors and windows covered (so that I do not even see what might open me to fear), then I am not in His protection and will fall under the same consequences as everyone else!
- Get inside, shut the door, close the curtains, do not look outside or look longingly behind at worldly “stuff”…STAY inside your house built on the Rock! Stay inside the cleft of the Rock! Stay single minded and focused.
- His miracles of safety, protection, and provision are in the secret place… inside Him with doors closed. They are for those who follow Him and His instructions.
- His oil fills up and overflows every vessel inside when the door is shut…..as many as you have ready to fill up! He is not “showy” or trying to gain popular attention! His oil is precious and only for those who treasure it and seek Him.
- If your lamp is not full of oil, then maybe you have not gone behind closed doors to receive the overflowing oil as instructed? You cannot get this oil from someone else. You have to get it personally from the Provider.
- This has been exemplified in the physical realm and not only a spiritual concept. Be prepared to actually live this out should judgment of evil come to America or where you live!
- It seems to me that this is a very important spiritual principle to know and implement in our lives!
Before you can come into Yeshua Jesus and close the door of your house built on the Rock, you must leave the world behind. If Egypt and Babylon represent the world, then consider these words of Yeshua Jesus…..
“And I heard another voice from heaven saying, “Come out of her, my people, lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues. For her sins have reached to heaven, and God has remembered her iniquities. Render to her just as she rendered to you, and repay her double according to her works; in the cup which she has mixed, mix double for her. In the measure that she glorified herself and lived luxuriously, in the same measure give her torment and sorrow; for she says in her heart, ‘I sit a queen, and am no widow, and will not see sorrow.’ Therefore her plagues will come in one day—death and mourning and famine. And she will be utterly burned with fire, for strong is the Lord God who judges her.” Revelation 18:4-8
And what is the promise and protection for those who close the worldly door and enter into the DOOR of Yeshua Jesus and His house, shutting the door behind them?
“He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down from heaven from My God. And I write on Him My new name.” Revelation 3:12
(It will be a few days before I can write again….so that gives time to give this some consideration and thought. Blessings.)