Romans 16 – Last Chapter
Verses 1-16. Paul sends personal greetings and special messages of commendation to specific people, with encouragement to love and support one another.
Verses 17-20. Paul gives final teaching and instructions:
- Keep your guard up against those who cause dissensions, difficulties, and division.
- Turn aside from those who teach doctrines opposite to the gospel that Paul taught in accordance with the Scriptures. They are deceivers who are not of God but rather after their own interests and desires. The use pleasant and flattering words to beguile the hearts of the unsuspecting people, those with lack of the true knowledge of God, His Word, and His ways.
- Continue in loyalty and obedience to God. Know well what is good and wise. Be innocent and without guilt concerning what is evil.
- Endure because you know that the God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet…because of His love and grace for you.
Verses 21-23. Paul sends greetings to those in Rome from those who are currently working alongside him.
Verses 24-27. Paul sends his final blessings.
- That the grace through and of Jesus works in them.
- God strengthening them based in the gospel of Jesus and the unveiling of the mystery of redemption in Jesus death and His resurrection, as well as salvation including the Gentiles, which was kept secret for long ages; but now is disclosed and revealed (our eyes opened) to the prophetic Scriptures including their designation to all nations.
Verse 27, “To the only wise God be the glory forevermore through Jesus Christ, the Anointed One! Amen (so be it, this is the way it is, this is true)!”