Hebrews 13: 1-6.
Some final instructions on right godly living.
- Let close love for your fellow believers be a habit with you.
- With strangers, be friendly, cordial, hospitable, and gracious.
- Remember those who are imprisoned or ill treated or suffering.
- Let marriage be held as honorable and very precious…no adultery in thought or action….entertain no sexual vice.
- Be free from the love of money which leads to greed, jealousy, lust, and cravings for worldly possessions. Be content and thankful with your present circumstances and what you have. Remember that God will never leave or fail you, or leave you without support.
- Trust God. He will always be there to help. Assuredly, He will not relax His grip on you. You are His!
- Be comforted and encouraged, so that you can boldly and confidently say….The Lord is my Helper…I will not be seized with alarm or fear or derad or terror….What can man do to me? Almighty God has me in His hands through eternity!
Have you ever heard of “bummer lambs” who are rejected and sometimes even abused by their mothers? These precious lambs would perish if a good shepherd does not take them in. The good shepherd will bring them into his house, hold them close to his heart so they hear and feel his heartbeat, and personally feed them. He cares for them affectionately and tenderly. When they are established, strong, and of the right maturity, he will relaese them back into the flock. As a result, when he calls, they are the first to respond and run to him. Jesus is our Good Shepherd and He knows perfectly how to take care of His sheep, especailly His “bummer lambs.” We can trust Him.
Hebrews 13: 7-25
Remember and assist your leaders and those in authority who brought you to the Word of God and the gospel of Jesus. Observe their manner of living and the good consequences they receive for it. Imitate their faith….their conviction that God exists, is the Creator and Ruler of all, is the Provider and Bestower of eternal salvation through Jesus. Imitate their leaning of their entire human personality on God in absolute trust and confidence in His power, wisdom, and goodness. Know that Jesus Christ, the Messiah, is always the same; yesterday, today, and forever.
But, be careful of deceitful and false leaders who try to carry people away by different corrupted teachings. Have your heart established and strengthened by means of God’s favor and spiritual blessing in Jesus…and no longer be dovoted to rules of diet and ritualistic services which no longer bring spiritual benefit or profit those who observe these religious methods. The blood of Jesus now supercedes the earthly tabernacle and animal sacrifices.
So go ahead, and walk away from all that would prevent you in following Jesus; even if you must bear the contempt, abuse, and shame from the Jews and the world as He did.
Our dwelling place here is temporary, but we look for the eternal one to come. Therefore, we should constantly offer God a sacrifice of praise and thanksgiving, and glorify His name.
One more time as a last reminder….Remember to be kind, good, generous, charitable to the needy believers in the church, as that pleases our Lord.
Obey your good spiritual leaders and recognize their authority. Remember, they are keeping watch over your souls and guarding your spiritual welfare and will have to give account to God. So, help them to do this ministry of Jesus with gladness and not groaning, which is not profitable to either of you.
Keep praying for us. We want to live noble and righteously, in complete honestly and good conscience. Also, pray that we will be able to see you soon.
Blessing – Now may our God of peace, who made us alive in Jesus who sealed us in New Covenant by His blood, our great Shepherd….may He strenthen, complete, perfect, and make you what you ought to be. May He equip you with everything good that you may carry out His will and purposes while He works together with you. To our Lord be glory forever and ever. Amen.
Listen patiently to this message/letter and share it with others for their exhortation, admonition, and encouragement.
Greetings……Grace (God’s favor and spiritual blessing) be with you all!
Amen – so be it!